Pagina's

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Day 6 and 7: Calm weekend

This weekend I tried to be more mindful and with moderate success. No urgent tasks on the calendar, no necessary socializing, no ‘I should’ or ‘I have to’.
Of course this doesn’t mean that I laid in bed for two days and just stared at the ceiling.
No, I did dishes, took a long hot shower (good for my shoulders and neck), did some cleaning up, prepped to put garbage outside…
I still did things, just not overly stressing about the ticking of the clock.

One of the things that I normally do: looking at the clock and I think: ‘Oh I only have x hours left of the day.’
And I’m suddenly overwhelmed with ALL the things of the ‘to-do’-list that I can’t possibly fit in those x amount of hours.
Which is silly, not everything can and needs to be done in the same day.
I know it calls for a different mindset.
A different way looking at things.
A change of perspective.
(And not just about time.)

With these ponderings I’m closing off for today. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

-Hug-

No comments:

Post a Comment