Pagina's

Monday, October 1, 2018

Day 8: Finding logic in dreams…

Waking up this morning, I suddenly didn’t realize where I was or when I was.

I’ll clarify: I’ve been having these dreams about moving and living at two places that are quite far apart. This has been going on for a long time, months on end. (or over a year or more now)

In this dream, someone offered to move me for good. So I didn’t have to do all the distances, no more forgetting things and such.

It was a very kind offer and I was grateful. Until I realized that this meant I had to choose where to live. And the panic fell over me, because I didn’t have a clue.

This panic made me wake up all disoriented. A very awkward feeling at your own safe home.

Thing also is: none of the places where I supposedly live in my dream are the apartment where I live now for about seven years.

I know it has to do something with being here in the now and processing the past or maybe it is living where I live now, without family, versus living closer to my family but without my support system.

Trying to find logic in dreams is quite a challenge.

One moment it seems like option A and then suddenly you think it might relate to option B or even G. (If you know what I mean.)

I went to the doctor today, weekly appointment, to check on how I am doing. There was quite a strong chilly wind, a sure sign that fall has started.

The conversation we had was full of things to think about, I even made a draft with points and I might have even forgotten some. (Didn’t write it down in the office.)

The course stays the same for now: the basics and integrating the creative center again, where I used to go to every Wednesday. I’m signed up for the portion of perspective drawing, where someone poses in a chair and we draw what we see. (Which I’ve done once myself, the chair posing, and it is very weird to see people looking at you, at their page, looking back at you… I almost laughed: it seemed like they were chickens pecking their food. Up and down, up and down.)

Lots of other things to write about! But this is it for today. Another peek into my life. (And mud-sorting)

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment