Pagina's

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Day 10: Another dream and creative time..

Another one of those weird dreams last night: I was on vacation (like that would happen, with all my anxieties) and while I was eating, everything got stolen from me. Every single thing except the clothes I was wearing. No phone, no handbag, no money, no suitcases. Everything was just gone. I was in a strange country where I could hardly speak their language, the people that were with me, weren’t really friends and I couldn’t count on them. I was stuck. No roof above my head, no money for drinks or food…
With that horrible feeling I woke up, feeling disoriented and tired. But I am so grateful to have a roof above my head, food in the fridge, tea in my mug.

There was a period when I had to struggle to get all those things. I was around 19 years old and I never knew if I could pay the rent, pay bills or get food on the table. It wasn’t really a glorious time, but I did get through it.
To be reminded of that time, and realizing that I do have the basic needs, is comforting. (Although I do wish the tiredness would go away. Dreams like these seem to suck up my energy in some way.)

Fast forward a few hours later:

day10blog

Above I inserted a picture of the garden that is connected to the creative center I normally go to every Wednesday. Yes, I say normally, because the last time I went has been a while. But today, I made it!!!
Today we worked with charcoal, first time, I’ve worked with it! I noticed I liked it, except for the fact that I couldn’t erase faulty lines…
I can’t show pictures of the 3 sketches I did, since people posed, and I would like to protect their privacy.

But I can share another picture!

day10blog2

These pictures are also a reminder, that even though I am tired and ‘not feeling it’, I did do it.

Now I am completely spent. But glad I had some creative time today, and also did some socializing.

I hope you had a good day!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment