Pagina's

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Day 26 and 27: bike-issues and some art

I was up quite early (for me) on Friday morning, and I had an appointment with my physical therapist. So as usual, I make myself ready, put on my coat, grab my bag, go out the door, lock it and go downstairs. All is good.
I grab my bike, lead it outside, close the door and I am ready to leave. All is good.
I sit on my bike, waiting on the green light, have a nice tune on my headphones, and when the light turns green, I start off.
And then… Suddenly… This fell on the ground:

pedal

I mean it just cracked off… Can you believe it??

Visited a bike shop, asked if they could fix it… and the answer was no. (Old system, not made anymore…)

So then I went on an researched second hand stores where they sold bikes. (That had me busy for about an hour or two.)

Armed with my list, a friend of mine picked me up, and we went on our way.

sunset1

The above picture was taken right after we left the first shop. (There were bikes, but not in my price range.)

At the second shop, I only found 1 bike interesting. I tested it out, looked at it from top to bottom. (New tires, no rust, new brakes…) And the price was ok too!
So I have a new-to-me bike!!

When I finally got home, it was a bit before 9 pm and I was exhausted. I kept feeling like this through Saturday, so some extra rest was in order.

I did do some painting though! I started with the background of the journal I worked on the previous weekend. coverbg

(And I also started gesso-ing the inside pages. Proof is on the cover already!)

I’m really glad that I’m starting to do creative things again. Even if it is just gesso-ing pages, and doing the cover of a book. The rest will follow…

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment