Pagina's

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Day 31 and 32: Creative center, artstuffs

For 32 days I have been thinking of putting a blogpost up, even if I combined days. 32 days! Amazing!
But this doesn’t mean I’m going to quit!
Making blogposts actually fuels me to make more time for art too. And I’ve also been taking more pictures lately, which are very nice memories of creative stuff, Bo antics, and nature shots if the weather is working with me.
Which it wasn’t yesterday (Wednesday). It kept on raining while I rode to the creative center. And it kept doing that until I got home. So, still no picture of the bike yet… But it will come!

At the creative center it was free choice of what to do. No sketching of people cause the person who facilitates it, went to see an exhibition. (Arriving out of breath, half soaked, I wasn’t really in the mood to get on my bike again…)
But this gave me the perfect chance to start early with Christmas Cards!
After gathering the supplies and some inspiration, I started working on watercolor paper with watercolor paint (I can’t for the life of me remember the brand, but it came out of a travel palette. It was a different palette than Winsor Newton Cotman.)
I mixed my own colors, threw salt on it, let it sit for a bit and then dried it with a hairdryer. (I didn’t know they had one there!)
No pictures, since I would like it to be a bit of a surprise!

What I can post pictures of: I experimented some more with backgrounds:

20181026_130331_resized
I’m not too sure about this one. maybe If I had taken different colors? Something about it is bugging me. Maybe I should add a brayered layer on it… It’s an experiment so for now I’m going to leave it as it is.

But this one:

20181026_130314_resized
This is a different story. I love this one! It’s simple, has structure (but not too much), not ‘too bright in my face’. With this one I felt free to add some this and some that. A background like this makes me want to work further on it. Put a focal point, some text maybe, some doodles… (for me this is a success!)

I finished the first background I shared, on Thursday, and it was the day that my body demanded rest of me. I was apparently also a bit emotional, but have no clue what that was about. There was this sadness that filled my eyes with tears, but none came out.
With the weather changing (temperature dropping, less daylight) I do feel a bit more sensitive… Part of the season?

I’m going to leave you here for now… But I’ll be back!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment