Pagina's

Friday, October 26, 2018

Day 33: Exciting news!!!

As I was telling you yesterday, I was feeling a bit emotional. And of course when you feel like this, things tend to happen: you drop a whole container of small embellishments on the floor and your cat is having a joyous time (while you just want to clean it up and still haven’t found what you were looking for: I had lost my stencils.)

Suddenly I had this ‘feeling’ (not really sure how to describe it) and I had this urgent need to look next to my desk. (I have some boxes piled on top of each other with adhesives, collage material, etc.)
And what do you know… My folder with stencils was at the top, under the table!

People who follow the mixed media world, know that this period is when new art classes can be signed up for, places can be won via giveaways… Very exciting with what courses come out and how they develop over the years!

I have followed Life Book by Tamara Laporte since 2014. And through her I met Effy Wild. Who also does a year long program called Book of Days.
But this coming year, she is coming out with a new version, a collaboration between her and several other artists called: Book of Days: All Stars.

So, of course I had to make sure to leave comments everywhere, and sharing her new course, hoping to win a spot. (And to be honest, winning a seat on a year long course, that hadn’t happen to me before, even though I have tried for years!)

It so happened that someone I knew on Facebook was also giving away a space for free because she is guest teaching on Book of Days: All Stars.
I was the fourth one to share and make a comment. But you know how it is: leaving a comment, kind of hoping you will win, but trying to be realistic and not getting your hopes up too high.
So yesterday evening, while I was fumbling about with the embellishments that were literally everywhere on the floor, Rachel Harries (Blog, Instagram, Facebook-page) posted that she used a random number generator and number 4 was the lucky winner!

At first I wasn’t even sure if 4 really was my number. I had to go check the original message Open-mouthed smile
But OMG! I won a seat on next years Book of Days!!!Wonderful! Amazing! Woohoo!

I can’t wait 'til  next year!!

-Dances around-

I hope you get some exciting news too in the near future!

Love, Mie

No comments:

Post a Comment